A satisfying savory sauce to top your nachos, tacos or pasta. Also make a great dip!
- Warm cashew milk and coconut milk in the microwave for 1 minute if products are cold.
- Add raw cashew nuts and milks to blender or food processor and pulse until fully blended. Pulsing ensures the mixture does not heat up and “cook.” Mixture will be slightly grainy at first.
- Add rest of ingredients (including jalapenos if desired) and puree until smooth. Sauce should pour like cheese sauce.
- Heat sauce on low heat for 5 minutes to thicken to desired consistency. Sauce thickens when applied to heat.
- Sauce can be used immediately or reserved for 1 week in the refrigerator. For best flavor, serve the day after preparing. Top with more pickled jalapenos if desired.
Notes: Add 1/2 cup pickled jalapenos with juice for nacho cheese sauce, process like before to make smooth. Use as is over gluten-free pasta or as a cheese dip or nacho queso. Try pouring it over nachos and garnishing with your favorite toppings.