Dairy Free & Loving It
So Delicious Dairy Free is all about providing solutions for those living a dairy-free life for ethical, health, taste, or religious reasons. From the time you get up and make your morning coffee to when you enjoy a sweet treat at the end of the night, we’ve got your entire day covered by offering dairy-free options that make your breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and smoothies SO Delicious, you'll never miss dairy!
Cauliflower Crust Pizza with Garlic Coconut Cream Sauce
So Delicious Dairy Free,
Directions for Preparation
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Servings: 4 servings
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees (400 if using convection oven).
2. Cut cauliflower into medium-small sized florets, and steam until fork tender.
3. Blend cauliflower in food processor until it looks like rice or quinoa in size, then, in a kitchen towel, squeeze out excess water and place cauliflower into a large bowl.
4. In a seperate bowl, mix flax seed and warm water, and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
5. Mix all crust ingredients into large bowl (with cauliflower) and mix with hands until just combined.
6. On a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, spray parchment paper with non-stick spray (or use silicone baking sheet) and press out dough until around 1/2 inch thick, (with slightly larger edges).
7. Cook crust for around 45 minutes, or until just browned and fairly solid.
8. While crust cooks, blend all sauce ingredients in saucepan over medium heat, and cook until thick (or has reduced by about 1/2).
9. Add sauce to crust, and top rest of mozzarella-style shreds and your favorite sliced vegetables (for example, 1 cup each (~85 g) sliced brussels sprouts, yellow squash, and red peppers).
10. Place topped pizza back in oven for around 12 minutes or until toppings are just starting to crisp.
Slice into sqares or rectangular slices.