Dairy Free & Loving It
So Delicious Dairy Free is all about providing solutions for those living a dairy-free life for ethical, health, taste, or religious reasons. From the time you get up and make your morning coffee to when you enjoy a sweet treat at the end of the night, we’ve got your entire day covered by offering dairy-free options that make your breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and smoothies SO Delicious, you'll never miss dairy!
Sweet Cream Biscuits
So Delicious Dairy Free,
Directions for Preparation
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 1 biscuit per person, recipe makes 8-10 biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In bowl, mix flours, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
3. Rub in 4 tablespoons shortening until the texture is like coarse sand.
4. Gradually add the culinary milk and lemon juice until soft dough forms. Knead dough for 1 minute on well-floured surface.
5. Form dough into a ball and then pat into a 3/4-inch thick mass on a lightly floured surface.
6. Cut 2 1/2 inche rounds. Gather scraps and repeat until all the dough is used.
7. Transfer biscuits to parchment paper-lined sheet tray and brush with melted coconut oil.
8. Bake for 15 minutes.
9. Serve fresh with your favorite jam or biscuit topping.
Add one extra cup of one of the flours for thicker, more traditional fluffy biscuits. These are best served warm!