Dairy Free & Loving It
So Delicious Dairy Free is all about providing solutions for those living a dairy-free life for ethical, health, taste, or religious reasons. From the time you get up and make your morning coffee to when you enjoy a sweet treat at the end of the night, we’ve got your entire day covered by offering dairy-free options that make your breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and smoothies SO Delicious, you'll never miss dairy!
Braised Leek Bread Pudding
So Delicious Dairy Free,
Directions for Preparation
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
1. Preheat oven to 375-degrees (350 if using convention).
2. Rub baking dish with enough vegan butter to cover, place remaining butter in small saute pan with leeks. Braise leeks at medium heat until just wilted, though still green. Remove from vegan butter and place in baking dish. Discard or re-use remaining vegan butter.
3. Place flax seeds and almond milk in a bowl and let soak for two minutes.
4. Add yeast, sesame seeds and black pepper to the flax seed mix and whisk.
5. Tear bread into small pieces and mix with leeks in dish.
6. Pour liquid mix over bread and leeks.
7. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, rotating halfway through the cooking process. Bake until solid and just golden.
8. While pudding is baking, place balsamic vinegar in small saucepan over medium heat, and reduce volume by half by slowly simmering, until slightly syrupy.
Serve bread pudding with thinly sliced fresh leeks (or green onion) and a drizzle of the reduced balsamic vinegar.
You may want to add a bit more almond milk if the mixture seems dry.